International Conference for Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing 2024
June 10 - 11, 2024
Additional short courses on June 12
In 2024, LUM GmbH hosts the next, now traditional International Conference for Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing.
Due to popular demand the conference will again take place at the ABACUS Tierpark Hotel in Berlin.
The exact conference dates are June 10 - 11 2024.
Additional practical shortcourses will take place at the LUM headquarters in Berlin-Adlershof on June 12.
The shortcourse is considered a further training measure for employees of certified companies (DIN ISO 9001 and other relevant).
Emulsion and suspension enthusiasts, tensile testers, coaters and lightweight constructors are cordially invited to learn new analytical strategies and results from scientific and industrial experts. Acquire new methods to accelerate and simplify your R&D and QC processes with LUMiReader PSA & LUMiReader X-Ray, LUMiFuge, LUMiSizer, LUMiSpoc, LUMiFrac (for composite materials) and LUMiFlector.
- Particle & Surface Characterization
- Real-time & Accelerated Stability Testing
- Materials Testing
- Product Parameter Monitoring
- Automotive & Aviation
- Batteries & Energy Materials
- Biotech, Pharma & Medical
- Coatings & Sealants
- Cosmetics & HPC
- Filtration & Sludges
- Food & Beverages
- Lightweight Design
- Magnetic Materials
- Nano- & Microparticles
- Oils, Fuels & Lubricants
- Paints, Inks & Pigments
Abstracts of the last conference in 2022 are available via Dispersion Letters.
Stay tuned for updates about speakers and the conference agenda.
Call for papers for the International Conference for Dispersion Analysis and Materials Testing 2024 is open.
We are looking forward to read about your scientific and practical knowledge you have gained in connection with LUM technology.
Please send your abstracts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is December 31, 2023.
With calling for papers for Young Scientist Award 2024 LUM continues to broaden its support and commitment in promoting young researchers from industries and academic institutions all across the globe. Submissions of relevant scientific results to the scientific committee of the conference are hereby strongly encouraged.
To qualify, any applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Experimental results that advance the understanding of the general scientific community in the analysis of dispersions/particles respectively in materials testing were obtained by using LUM instruments. The age of applicant should be below 30 years and the submitted scientific results not older than 2 years.
- The scientific significance of the results is met by submitting a peer reviewed publication, a Bachelor, Master or PhD thesis as copy, or, in case of unpublished results, a detailed description of work.
- Applicants provide a two-page abstract and a detailed curriculum vitae, including non-academic activities, along with a letter of recommendation by the corresponding supervisor. Please download the stylesheet for your abstract HERE. Kindly submit all documents by email to email@example.com, keyword ‚LUM YSA 2024‘.
A jury is going to evaluate the applications and up to 5 candidates will get an official nomination letter. In addition, nominees are invited to present their results in a special Award Session. A two-night accommodation in the conference hotel is provided for the nominees.
The winner of the LUM Young Scientist Award 2024 receives a prize money of 1,000 Euros.
The deadline for the submission of the abstract and the required application documents is October 31, 2023.
The shortcourses on June 12 take place at the LUM Headquarters: Justus-von-Liebig-Str. 3, 12489 Berlin.
Start-time: 9 am
End: 3 pm
Enjoy a full 6 hours of access to LUM instrumentation, as well as a varied program that combines hands-on work with extensive, practical theory.
Please choose one out of five different intensive courses:
1. Accelerated and real-time stability of formulations - testing methods & strategies, correlation (LUMiReader® PSA, LUMiReader® X-Ray, LUMiSizer®)
2. Comprehensive characterization of battery & energy storage materials (LUMiReader® X-Ray, LUMiSizer®, LUMiFrac®)
3. Determination of droplet size, particle size distribution & particle properties (LUMiReader® PSA, LUMiSizer®, LUMiSpoc®)
4. Relative sedimentation time for Hansen Parameters (HSP/HDP) (LUMiReader® PSA & LUMiSizer®)
5. Analytical centrifugal filtration (LUMiSizer®)
Please note that the maximum number of participants per course is 4 - to secure your place in the desired course, please make sure to book early. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. "Course-hopping" is not possible.
Refreshments during the breaks will be provided.
Conference prices include access to all conference areas on June 10 and 11 2024, refreshments durings breaks and a ticket for the exclusive evening event at Berlin Tierpark (From A for ant to Z for zebu – a fascinating world of animals awaits visitors to Europe’s largest landscaped park) and the Restaurant Patagona.
The additional shortcourses at LUM headquarters on June 12 from 9 am to 3 pm include a personal and close supervision in small groups of max. 4 participants.
Refreshments during breaks will be provided. Please note that spaces are limited. Early booking is highly recommended.
|2 days conference ticket ~Early Bird rate~||599 EUR*||*Early Bird rate available until 2023-12-31, VAT excluded|
|2 days conference ticket ~standard rate~||649 EUR*||*available from 2024-01-01, VAT excluded|
|2 days conference ticket ~Early Bird rate~ + one short course on June 12||1,249 EUR*||*Early Bird rate available until 2023-12-31, VAT excluded|
|2 days conference ticket ~standard rate~ + one short course on June 12||1,299 EUR*||*available from 2024-01-01, VAT excluded|
Please note that speakers and YSA nominees attend the 2 day conference free of charge.
We are pleased to offer you special rates for hotel rooms in the conference hotel ABACUS Tierpark Hotel in Berlin-Friedrichsfelde.
Single room: 114 €/night, breakfast included
Double room: 144 €/night, breakfast included
Please call off the quota no later than April 25, 2024 via tel. +49 30 5162-333 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The password for the special rate is "LUM2024".
For any questions, kindly get in touch with the LUM event team.